I said it back when I posted my Healthy Enchiladas recipe, Mexican cuisine is one of the easiest cuisines to make healthy. This is technically one recipe with two options: either you use chicken or you toss some shrimp in Cajun spices and use that. Here’s all you need:
1 whole wheat tortilla
6 oz. shredded chicken breast or cooked shrimp
1/4 cup low fat shredded cheese
1/4 avocado (sliced)
2 tbsp. mild salsa
1 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
1) Lightly coat a medium sized pan with oil spray and heat on a low-medium flame. Place the tortilla on the pan until it’s warm and pliable.
2) Sprinkle cheese evenly across the tortilla and continue to cook until melted.
3) Add chicken or shrimp to 1 side of the tortilla.
4) Add avocado slices to the same side.
5) Once the tortilla is crispy, fold the half that only has cheese over the half that has cheese, meat & avocado.
6) Plate, then top with salsa and Greek yogurt.
Protein: 53 g
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Fat: 11 g
Want a healthy dessert after? Try one of these recipes:
Check out my Instagram for more healthy recipes!