All of the deliciousness of chocolate covered strawberries, plus muscle building whey protein!
Healthy Mexican food on the go is possible with this Chipotle Burrito Recipe!
Although she is small, she is packed with flavor. This burrito isn’t like the 8 lb. burrito you’ll get at some Mexican joints but I made sure to pack it with tons of flavor and healthy alternatives. The ground turkey is cooked in coconut oil and lime juice for a truly tropical flavor. The tortilla is warmed and then spread with chipotle sauce and Greek yogurt. And, of course, she’s loaded with fresh veggies, salsa, and gooey cheese. This Chipotle Burrito recipe is full of healthy fats, lean protein, and is low(er) carb compared to traditional burritos. Here’s how to make it:
Cajun Shrimp/Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
1 large tortilla
4 oz. 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped peppers & onions
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. 6 Pack Fitness Chipotle Hot Sauce
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Enchiladas with Black Beans & Avocado Recipe
1) Heat a large skillet on medium heat and melt 1 tsp. of coconut oil.
2) Add ground turkey and cook until the meat is browned and thoroughly cooked.
3) Add spices and mix to evenly distribute spices. Add 1 tbsp. of chipotle sauce to the meat and stir.
4) Warm a tortilla in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
5) Spread 1 tbsp. of chipotle sauce and 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt evenly around the tortilla.
6) Place cheese, lettuce, peppers and onions in the center of the tortilla.
7) Place meat in the center of the tortilla/
8) Fold the sides of the tortilla in and then fold a third side over the meat, tucking it under the meat, and roll the tortilla to form a wrap.
Nutrition Protein: 41 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fat: 13 g
Stack this burrito with a tall glass of iced Xtend Pink Lemonade for a bodybuilder’s paradise meal! Check out my Instagram for more recipe ideas, workouts, and a products.
Try this delicious vegetarian alternative for sushi as a meal or as an incredible side dish
First there was just zucchini, then there were zoodles, and now there’s zushi…and this Mediterranean Zucchini Roll-Up recipe is a grand slam. The outside is crispy, soft and juicy while the inside is salty, creamy and earthy. Here’s what you need:
2 large zucchinis
1/4 cup low fat goat cheese
1/4 cup spinach
2 tsp. chopped parsley
2 tsp. olive oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
1) Slice two large zucchinis vertically into wide strips and rub them with olive oil on both sides.
2) Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
3) Grill on medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
4) On the end of the strip add approximately 1 tsp. of goat cheese, sprinkle parsley and add 1-2 spinach leaves.
5) Roll the strips keeping all of the ingredients neatly tucked.
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Make these your all-star hors d’oeuvres at your next get together.
Enjoy this fresh, summery sugar-free dessert chock full of BCAAs!
The only thing better than dessert is dessert that you can eat without worrying about putting on slabs of body fat. This BCAA watermelon jello recipe does just that. It actually goes one step further by providing 7 grams of branched chain amino acids to help curb hunger, burn fat, and build/maintain lean muscle. Here’s what you need:
1. A large watermelon rind.
2. 8 scoops of watermelon Xtend.
3. 1/2 cup unflavored gelatin mix.
4. 8 cups of boiling water.
1. Cut a large watermelon in half and scoop out the pink flesh leaving only the green-yellow bowl-shaped rind.
2. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour the mixture into the watermelon rind.
4. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
5. Slice and serve.
Protein: 7 grams of BCAAs
Fat: 0 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Full Disclosure: I did not create this jello recipe, I got it off of Scivation’s website. It looks awesome though and I’m definitely going to try it. I thought it was worth sharing with anyone looking to do fun new things with their BCAAs besides just drinking them.
Like eggs? Load ’em up with veggies, meat, potatoes and pile on the cheese!
This frittata recipe is a phenomenal way to large batch prep your eggs and they’re also super easy to load up with veggies, meat and potatoes. This dish is baked so once you’re done prepping, just toss it in the oven, slice and serve. Here’s what you need for this frittata recipe:
6 whole eggs, 6 egg whites
2 cups of spinach
1 cups of sliced peppers
2 cups of diced potatoes
1 cups of diced onions
6 strips of bacon (cooked and chopped)
1 cup of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1) Spray a large sauce pan with olive oil cooking oil spray and heat on a medium flame.
2) Add spinach, peppers, potatoes, onions, and bacon. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and the onions are golden.
3) Add egg mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes.
4) Top with cheese and bacon, then place in the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
Protein: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fat: 9 g
This frittata recipe is a great to make, slice, and store in either your fridge or freezer so you can have a quality meal on tap when you need it. It may take longer to prep a large batch like this instead of quickly making a few eggs, but you’ll save a lot of time in the long term.
This BCAA Soda recipe has 0 calories, 0 grams of sugar, 0 mg of caffeine, and is super easy to make!
My BCAA soda recipe is so easy to make I can’t believe I didn’t think of it sooner. You only need 3 or 4 ingredients to make a delicious, healthy soft drink loaded with amino acids to curb hunger, burn fat and build muscle. This is all you need:
1 scoop Xtend BCAAs
8-12 oz. Seltzer
1 cup of ice
1/2 lemon, lime or small orange (optional)
1) Fill a shaker bottle with 1 cup of ice (or more if desired).
2) Add 1 scoop of any flavor of Xtend BCAAs.
3) Pour 8-12 oz. of ice cold seltzer.
4) STIR, don’t shake.
5) Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon, lime or small orange into the drink and drop in the rind (optional)
6) Stir again and serve.
Protein: 7 g amino acids
Carbohydrates: 0 g*
Fat: 0 g
Scivation makes Xtend BCAAs in over a dozen flavors, with more on the way! Some of your options are:
- Strawberry Kiwi
- Blue Raspberry
- Black Cherry (Xtend Perform BCAAs)
- Fruit Punch
- Pink Lemonade
And more! I’ll definitely be trying them all out, potentially mixing them with Polar flavored seltzer and adding fresh lemon or lime.
* 0 calories and 0 grams of sugar without fresh squeezed fruit juice.
What’s better than breakfast for dinner? Dessert for breakfast. Try this Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes recipe.
Imagine being able to eat spiced carrot cake bursting with autumn flavors without any guilt. What’s more, imagine being able to eat carrot cake after your workout to BUILD MUSCLE AND BURN FAT. Now that’s possible with this Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes recipe.
1/2 cup Flapjacked Carrot Spice Pancake Mix
1/2 cup of water
2 egg whites
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. lite maple syrup
1 tsp. coconut oil
1) Mix pancake mix, water, egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
2) On a coconut oiled pan, cook the pancakes on a low-medium flame until golden brown on both sides.
3) Plate and drizzle maple syrup.
Protein: 30 g
Carbohydrates: 41 g
Fat: 11 g
Want to make these Carrot Cake Pancakes even more Carrot Cakey? Make a cream cheese glaze or frosting:
2 tbsp. cream cheese
2 tbsp. butter (melted)
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Want more delicious pancake inspired recipes? Check these out:
Can you burn fat & build muscle while eating muffins?! You can with these protein muffin recipes.
I made these 4 Unbelievable Protein Muffin Recipes using Flapjacked Mighty Muffin mix, a little creativity and some suggestions from some of my followers on Instagram. Each muffin has 20+ grams of protein, less than 30 grams of carbs, and less than 10 grams of fat. A regular muffin has closer to 15 grams of fat, 35+ grams of carbohydrates and about 3 grams of protein. Try these out instead:
1) Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Muffin
Add about 1/4 cup of water to the Double Chocolate Mighty Muffin mix and microwave for 45 seconds on high. Once cooked, use your spoon to dig a small hole in the middle of the muffin. Add 1 tbsp. of peanut butter to the center and make a melted peanut butter core!
2) Molten S’mores Sundae Muffin
Add about 1/4 cup of water to the S’mores Mighty Muffin mix and microwave for 45 seconds on high. Once cooked, add 1 tbsp. of reduced fat frozen vanilla froyo on top to make a molten S’mores Sundae.
3) Apple Turnover Muffin
Add about 1/4 cup of water to the Apple Cinnamon Mighty Muffin mix and microwave for 45 seconds on high. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of brown sugar on top and add 1 tbsp. of diced apples to make a delicious Apple Turnover High Protein Muffin.
4) Maple Pumpkin Muffin
Add about 1/4 cup of water to the Maple Pumpkin Mighty Muffin mix (my personal favorite) and microwave for 45 seconds on high. Add crushed pecans and a drizzle of lite maple syrup on top for an classic Autumn breakfast (or dessert) and an unbelievably healthy and delicious high protein muffin.
My friends at Flapjacked sent me these samples after I won their Instagram giveaway and their strategy definitely worked because I will be a customer. I’m not sure it possibly gets much better than high protein muffins in under 60 seconds. Check out their pancake mix also. My favorite is the carrot spice mix. I’ll have a recipe up for Carrot Cake Pancakes soon, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter so you get it directly to your inbox!
This Boneless Rib Sandwich recipe will be your next BBQ all-star!
Sweet & smoky Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce glazed boneless ribs on top of whole wheat ciabatta Texas Toast makes for an unbelievably delicious BBQ sandwich that will blow your friends and family away. Add a large side of garlic & herb zoodles for a surprisingly healthy twist on specialty BBQ cuisine. Here’s what you need to make this Boneless Rib Sandwich recipe:
4 oz. boneless ribs (or shred the meat off of regular ribs)
1 whole wheat ciabatta roll
2 tbsp. Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. mixed herbs
1 tsp. olive oil
1) Brush the ribs with olive oil and grill them on a medium-high flame until crispy and thoroughly cooked (about 15 minutes).
2) Rub them with Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce and put them back on the grill for another 30-45 seconds.
3) Spread 1 tbsp. of butter, 1 tsp. of chopped garlic, and 1 tsp. of mixed herbs on a sliced whole wheat ciabatta roll. Grill for 30-60 seconds.
4) Place the boneless ribs on the toasted ciabatta roll and serve.
Protein: 26 g
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Fat: 18 g
This Boneless Rib Sandwich recipe came out AMAZING but keep an eye out for my next Boneless Rib Sandwich recipe. I’m going to turn it up a notch by topping it off with mac & cheese & jalapenos and I’ll be using Bubba’s Boneless Baby Back ribs! Make sure you follow me on Instagram and Twitter so you know when it’s coming!
Turn heads at your next BBQ with these Smoky Pulled Pork Tacos.
To keep it simple, I’ll post the recipe as if you’ve already prepared your pulled pork but in case you’ve never made it before, you essentially just have to slow cook several pounds of pork shoulder with spices, bbq sauce, and onions. This is what you need for one serving:
2 whole wheat or flour tortillas
6 oz. pulled pork
2 tbsp. cole slaw (shredded cabbage & carrots, lite mayonnaise)
2 tsp. spicy mustard
2 tsp. diced raw onions
1) Place 3 oz. of pork in the center of each tortilla.
2) Top with 1 tbps. of cole slaw per taco.
3) Add spicy mustard evenly over the top.
4) Top them off with raw diced onions.
Protein: 41 g
Carbohydrates: 44 g
Fat: 18 g
Want to turn up the heat?
Use this Kickin’ Jalapeno Cole Slaw instead of regular cole slaw.
This recipe is perfect for portion control, flavor, variety, and is balanced nutritionally. Try bringing to your next BBQ get together and let me know how everyone likes it!