Transform an apple from a boring, mid-morning snack into a gourmet, any-time meal with this Loaded Apples recipe.
Salty, crunchy, sweet and healthy. . It only takes a few minutes to go from the average snack to bodybuilding cuisine. Here’s how you make these Loaded Apples:
1 medium gala apple
1 tbsp. almond butter
1/4 cup high protein granola
1 tsp. honey
A pinch of freshly ground sea salt
1) Slice a medium gala apple.
2) Spread 1 tbsp. of almond butter over the flesh of the slices.
3) Sprinkle 1/4 cup of high protein granola evenly on top of the almond butter topping.
4) Drizzle 1 tsp. of honey over the apples.
5) Sprinkle a pinch of freshly ground sea salt over the apples.
Protein: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fat: 9 g
Make it a meal
Mix 1 scoop of whey protein with 8 oz. of ice cold water and drink on the side to make your total protein intake 35 g!
Get more recipes on my Instagram!