Try this delicious vegetarian alternative for sushi as a meal or as an incredible side dish
First there was just zucchini, then there were zoodles, and now there’s zushi…and this Mediterranean Zucchini Roll-Up recipe is a grand slam. The outside is crispy, soft and juicy while the inside is salty, creamy and earthy. Here’s what you need:
2 large zucchinis
1/4 cup low fat goat cheese
1/4 cup spinach
2 tsp. chopped parsley
2 tsp. olive oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
1) Slice two large zucchinis vertically into wide strips and rub them with olive oil on both sides.
2) Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
3) Grill on medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
4) On the end of the strip add approximately 1 tsp. of goat cheese, sprinkle parsley and add 1-2 spinach leaves.
5) Roll the strips keeping all of the ingredients neatly tucked.
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Make these your all-star hors d’oeuvres at your next get together.