Nothing on the internet needs to go viral more than these Maple Glazed High Protein Jelly Donuts.
These sticky, sweet, crispy donuts are made with Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes mix and filled with organic mixed berry preserves before being lightly fried in coconut oil and then rolled in a sweet maple syrup glaze and sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar. With over 15 grams of protein, these donuts are worth every bite.
Here’s how you can make your own:
1 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Mix
6 tsp. organic mixed berry preserves
1 whole egg
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
* Makes 6 Pronuts
1) In a large bowl combine the Power Cakes mix with 1 whole egg and 1/4 cup of water and mix until the batter has a cookie dough-like consistency.
2) Mold the mix into patties and make an indent in them with your thumb.
3) Add 1 tsp. of organic berry preserves, jelly, jam or whatever filling you’d like into the indent.
4) Fold the dough over the jelly filling making sure the indents are completely sealed.
1) Heat a large skillet on a medium flame and melt 2 tbsp. of virgin coconut oil.
2) Place each donut on the skillet and fry until both sides and edges of the donut are golden-light brown.
3) Place the donuts on a plate and rub them with maple syrup (dip a spoon in maple syrup and rub it evenly across the donut. Repeat until each donut is fully and evenly glazed).
4) Sprinkle 1 tsp. of powdered sugar and 1 tsp. of cinnamon evenly over each donut.