Healthy Mexican food on the go is possible with this Chipotle Burrito Recipe!
Although she is small, she is packed with flavor. This burrito isn’t like the 8 lb. burrito you’ll get at some Mexican joints but I made sure to pack it with tons of flavor and healthy alternatives. The ground turkey is cooked in coconut oil and lime juice for a truly tropical flavor. The tortilla is warmed and then spread with chipotle sauce and Greek yogurt. And, of course, she’s loaded with fresh veggies, salsa, and gooey cheese. This Chipotle Burrito recipe is full of healthy fats, lean protein, and is low(er) carb compared to traditional burritos. Here’s how to make it:
Cajun Shrimp/Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
1 large tortilla
4 oz. 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped peppers & onions
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. 6 Pack Fitness Chipotle Hot Sauce
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Enchiladas with Black Beans & Avocado Recipe
1) Heat a large skillet on medium heat and melt 1 tsp. of coconut oil.
2) Add ground turkey and cook until the meat is browned and thoroughly cooked.
3) Add spices and mix to evenly distribute spices. Add 1 tbsp. of chipotle sauce to the meat and stir.
4) Warm a tortilla in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
5) Spread 1 tbsp. of chipotle sauce and 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt evenly around the tortilla.
6) Place cheese, lettuce, peppers and onions in the center of the tortilla.
7) Place meat in the center of the tortilla/
8) Fold the sides of the tortilla in and then fold a third side over the meat, tucking it under the meat, and roll the tortilla to form a wrap.
Nutrition Protein: 41 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fat: 13 g
Stack this burrito with a tall glass of iced Xtend Pink Lemonade for a bodybuilder’s paradise meal! Check out my Instagram for more recipe ideas, workouts, and a products.
Enjoy this fresh, summery sugar-free dessert chock full of BCAAs!
The only thing better than dessert is dessert that you can eat without worrying about putting on slabs of body fat. This BCAA watermelon jello recipe does just that. It actually goes one step further by providing 7 grams of branched chain amino acids to help curb hunger, burn fat, and build/maintain lean muscle. Here’s what you need:
1. A large watermelon rind.
2. 8 scoops of watermelon Xtend.
3. 1/2 cup unflavored gelatin mix.
4. 8 cups of boiling water.
1. Cut a large watermelon in half and scoop out the pink flesh leaving only the green-yellow bowl-shaped rind.
2. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour the mixture into the watermelon rind.
4. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
5. Slice and serve.
Protein: 7 grams of BCAAs
Fat: 0 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Full Disclosure: I did not create this jello recipe, I got it off of Scivation’s website. It looks awesome though and I’m definitely going to try it. I thought it was worth sharing with anyone looking to do fun new things with their BCAAs besides just drinking them.
This Raspberry Lemon Smoothie recipe is a refreshing, summertime smoothie that has a full serving of vegetables, fruit, 30 grams of protein, green tea antioxidants and a lemon twist.
This is all you need:
Ingredients 1 cup of raw spinach or kale 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup raspberry sorbet
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 scoop Scivation Vanilla Whey Protein
1 tsp. Green Tea Matcha
8 oz. of cold water or coconut water
1 lemon wedge
1) Add the ingredients from softest to hardest to a blender: yogurt, spinach/kale, sorbet, whey protein, green tea matcha, frozen raspberries.
2) Add 8 oz. of cold water or coconut water and blend until the ingredients are evenly distributed and smooth.
3) Pour into a large glass and squeeze a lemon wedge over the top of the smoothie.
Protein: 30 g
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fat: 3 g
Check out these other delicious smoothies made with fruit, vegetables, coconut water and/or green tea matcha!
Coleslaw is seldom the conversation piece of any barbecue but you may just turn some heads (and water some eyes) with this recipe. Not only is this a low fat alternative to traditional coleslaw but it’s also a sinus clearing, fat burning side dish and conversation piece.
Ingredients 2 cups of chopped red & green cabbage
1/4 cup sliced carrots
2 sliced jalapenos (remove seeds)
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. lite mayo
1 tbsp. honey
+ Combine cabbage, carrots and jalapenos in a large bowl and toss.
+ Add jalapeno seeds for extra heat!
+ Add mayo, apple cider vinegar, and honey.
+ Mix and toss until all of the ingredients are distributed evenly.
Greek yogurt is a staple in my diet because it delivers a large portion of slow-digesting protein. You can use it as a topping, dipping sauce, sour cream substitute, make frozen Greek yogurt, or just make a breakfast parfait. I generally choose the latter because it only takes a few minutes to make a killer parfait. Here’s my Vanilla Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Parfait recipe:
1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 packet Truvia
1/4 cup high protein Granola
1/2 oz. roasted almonds, walnuts or pecans
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 medium banana (sliced)
Instructions 1) Mix the Greek yogurt with the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and Truvia until the contents are evenly distributed.
2) Mix the granola, chia seeds and roasted nuts and layer atop the yogurt mixture.
3) Top the parfait with sliced bananas.