Bring your circuit training into the shower with the Contrasting Water Technique. This therapeutic recovery technique helps reduce post workout muscular inflammation and provides instant soothing relief. Moreover, the Contrasting Water Technique helps to prevent post-shower dry skin and hair, decrease blood pressure, and provides refreshing stress relief. Here’s how it works:
1) Begin with 1 minute showering under hot water.
2) Transition to moderately cold water for 60 seconds.
3) Repeat and use shampoo/conditioner/bodywash while the shower is hot (60 seconds).
4) Rinse yourself off under cold water for 60 seconds.
5) Hot water for 60 seconds.
6) Cold water for 60 seconds.
7) Repeat steps 5 & 6 two more times (or until satisfied).
8) Always end on cold water.
This whole process takes about 10-15 minutes. I mention to suds up while the water is hot because this is when your pores are open. Rinse under cold water to close your pores and keep your hair from drying out. End the Contrasting Water Technique on cold water to keep your pores closed, your hair and skin from getting dry, and provide soothing anti-inflammatory relief to your sore muscles.
Check out my Instagram for awesome workouts, great recipes, and more advice!